If first time using the tool go ahead and setup the STT API system first.
1. Adding a video/audio
- Click on
- Chose the media you want to open, audio or video.
- Fill in title and description
- Chose Speech To Text system you want to use (IBM American English is the default)
The transcription will take a round 5 minutes to process regardless of the length of the media.
2. Selecting text from a transcription
Make selections of text you’d like to include in your video sequence.
3. Exporting a video sequence(EDL)
Export an EDL, which is an Edit decision list.
You can export a video sequence of selection as they appear chronologically in the video. Or you can export them in the order you selected them, getting you closer to make a paper edit.
4. Reconnect in video editing software of choice
EDL is compatible with all major editing software.
- Adobe Premiere
- Avid Media Composer
- Final Cut Pro 7
- And any other editing software that lets you import an EDL file…
To import the EDL and reconnect the sequence
- Import the EDL
- Go to the sequence
- Reconnect the offline sequence
- Continue your editing
Adobe Premiere example
a Note on working with Final cut pro X
For now a workaround for Final cut pro X not supporting EDL is that you can open the EDL in Davinci resolve convert it to XML that will work with final cut X.